Sunday 25 September 2011

Bajaj Pulsar 135 LS : Bike of the year full specifications and pics


On January 9, 2010 I bought this new sweet baby of the pulsar family. I thought of starting a blog to share  my experiences with this bike long ago but I decided to wait for sometimes to monitor the performance.
Now I think its the right time to publish my blog and share my experiences with you about my bike after 3.5 months of driving and 2857 Km on Odo.  It has a 135 cc 4 valve DTS-i engine which can generate 13.5 Ps power @ 9000 rpm and 11.4 Nm Torque @ 7500 rpm. I am not crowding my blog post with all the technical specs which you can easily find out in many of the sites. The original beinghttp://www.bajajauto.com/ and http://www.pulsar135ls.com/ .
I was the first lucky person to own this beauty in our locality (Barrackpore, Kolkata) . It was indeed a great experience wherever I go with her , just because of her eye popping looks. I own the Midnight black color variant of the two available colors : Cherry Red, Midnight Black. I feel the black beauty is the most admirable one although at the beginning I wanted to have the red one but that color was not available at the showroom yet and was forced to take the black one but I was very happy when after one month the red one came out which could be easily outdone by the looks of my black beauty.
Apart from the looks, it has many good features which compelled me to choose this within the final shortlisted lists which includes Pulsar 135 ls,Honda Stunner and Discover 135. This baby can even make the 150 ccs run for their money. I think this one was the best value for money bike. And even after 3 months I always feel the excitement of riding this. Below is the list of pros and cons according to me based on my experience of  2857 km:
Pros: 1. Light weight; Excellent power to weight ratio.
2. Value for money.
3. Good Pickup and control.
4. Mileage 55 Kmpl on city.
5. No False neutrals and butter smooth gear shifting.
Cons: 1. Avaialble only on two colors.
2. Availability of its spares is still not smooth.
3. Auto-choke and Cold-start problem in winter.
4. Engine oil prescribed 20W50 is hard to find out.
5. Some poeple feels the rear tyre hugger feels odd look wise.
About the last con listed above , I also made the same impression when I saw the bike first and made my mind to do some modifications to remove that bicycle type mudguard and make it naked in the back. So I made that little modifications and removed the tyre hugger, I also made a little sticker work in the wheels which I think adds to the beauty of it which you can see in the image.
28042010003 300x225 Bajaj Pulsar 135 LS : Bike of the year 2010
Wheel Sticker
Now this was all about my experiences, Till date I have attained the top speed of 111 Km/hour in this bike.And I can assure you this bike runs without any vibration at all at that speed even. You will have the full control of our baby even at 110 Kmph. Only a little vibrations comes into play when the speedo shows 75 kmph to 78 kmph but after 80 kmph there is no vibrations at all. I can tell you this is the best bike in the 135 cc category commuters and it truly deserves the bike of the year awards.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Design Blog, Make Online Money